Tuesday, July 4, 2017

4th of July and Gettysburg



JUGM here and on behalf of our family I want to say "Happy Birthday America"!  We Hope you are enjoying the day with family and friends and  celebrating our countries birthday. I was watching the mini series "Sons of Liberty" and thought to myself "Good God, what it must have been like to live back then" .

The following is for our good friend Harry at Self Sufficient Mountain Living. My nephew in law and niece live in Pennsylvania and he is a medic with the Army Reserves. Every year his unit schedules their July weekend drill to coincide with the Gettysburg Reenactment. They volunteer to serve the medical needs of visitors and all the reenactors. This year my niece went along for the fun and sent some great pics to me. She also took some videos but has not got those to me yet, when she does I will do another post because they are pretty awesome.

They let my Nephew in Law fire a mortar











Everyone stayed in tents

The medical staff got to meet Mr. Lincoln


 I did ask about protesters and was told they were about 10 miles away and did not interfere with any of the weekends activities. I was told the issue became comical amongst everyone involved in the reenactment. Kind of like a "We dare them to show up" mentality.

Hope you all enjoyed the pics. God willing and the creeks don't rise I would really love to attend one in the future.  

Have a safe 4th of July!!
 








6 comments:

  1. Happy Independence Day, Senior & JUGM, and assorted offspring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no kidding assorted offspring...two legs, four legs, ones with wings, and ones with fins...lol
      Happy Independence Day to you and your family as well!

      Delete
  2. always a day late and a dollar short but i did get a july 4th post up and am glad that you saw it and liked it! hope you and your family had a wonderful time!

    sending much love as always! your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You aren't the only one who is a few days late and many dollars short..lol
      Yes our 4th was really nice and relaxing.. TTYL

      Delete
  3. Glock Mom, I thoroughly enjoyed the pictures and I appreciate you going to the trouble of posting them. I'm glad you had a good fourth over at your place.

    Hey, Kymber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked the pics Harry...I am still waiting on my niece to send the videos via you tube. If I had to wait on getting a million dollars or my niece to do something for me, I would probably get the million first..SMH!!!

      Delete